In addition to an established Mysore Ashtanga Practice, upon completion of this course you will have thorough understanding of:
· Human Anatomy
· Yogic Philosophy, Hinduism and Buddhism
· The Chakras, Nadhis and Subtle Body
· Alignment and Instruction of Asana
· Pranayama Techniques
· Meditation Techniques
· Class Sequencing
· Restorative Practices, including Aromatherapy and Thai Massage
- 3 Mysore Ashtanga
- 1 goodrest
- 1 assigned goodyoga class
Observe / Assist
- 1 class
- Students will not participate in classes they are observing, unless the teacher requests that they demonstrate. When demonstrating, students will practice on a mat in the front of the room and demonstrate alignment points at the request of the teacher.
- Assigned in advance of discussion sessions
- Required and suggested reading may be found here.
- Practice Journal after every Practice and Observe / Assist.
- Post at least 5 sources of research with commentary, pertaining to and in advance of upcoming weekend sessions. Do not repost an item that has already been posted by a classmate.
- Comment on at least 5 of your classmates’ posts, including practice journals
- All weekend sessions must be attended.
- In the event of an emergency, sessions may be made up in a later training free of charge.
- If a session is missed due to negligence, it may be made up in a later training at the good101 rate.
- Latenesses will count as absences.
- 3 absences will result in students dismissal from program. In the event of dismissal, student’s financial commitment will remain.